Friday 26 November 2010

Random post with random thoughts at random intervals

You know what pisses me off? When people ask questions like, "What is love?" and, "Does love even exist or is it our imagination?"


Firstly, people should be spending their free time asking themselves questions with much more significance and ones that will prove useful in the future, such as:

  • How will I play CoD4 online during the load shedding hours?
  • If I have already used up my smoke grenade, how will I rush around the corner and avoid being sniped?
  • What tactic should I use in a 1-on-5 situation to ensure an ace?
  • Does this map have any Defense-to-Attack spawn wall-bang spots left to discover?
  • Can I get a collateral shot in the beginning for an added advantage?
  • Why did I waste money on that failed abortion of a video game known as Black Ops?
Secondly, love is an emotion, just like joy, sadness, fear and anger. Nothing more, nothing less. People fall in love with the opposite sex (or same sex). Mothers love their sons and brothers love their sisters. The other emotions require no deep thinking, so why does love?

You know those people who keep posting 'interesting facts'? And keep posting them, and posting them, and posting them. No, I don't really have a problem with that. But when they start posting facts that they haven't even verified, that ticks me off. No, the Great Wall of China is not the only man-made structure that can be seen from the moon, oh smart one. Moreover, there is gravity in outer space, saying there is no gravity in outer space is entirely wrong. Cracking your knuckles does not cause arthritis. And goldfish do not have 3-second memory, for God's sake man. Doesn't anyone watch the Discovery Channel?!

Speaking of Goldfish, there is this theory about distorted realities. 
A goldfish dwelling in a bowl will have a distorted view of the outside world throughout it's lifetime due to the curve of the bowl. An object moving in a straight line would appear to move in a curve from the goldfish's distorted frame of reference. Assuming the goldfish is an intelligent creature, the goldfish could derive formulae to predict the motion of the moving object, even though it seems to move in a curve, and it would still hold true - since the real motion of the object will never be observed by the goldfish. What gives us the right to say our reality is not distorted as well?

Got that from a book I read once. Bonus points to anyone who can figure out which one it is. 

Maybe we live in a dust speck too, and some day Horton out there is going to hear a Who.

T-Fact of the day: I've never heard Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple. Too lazy to search it up. I know exactly what it sounds like though, since it's opening riff is the first thing every person with a guitar tries to learn, for unknown reasons. Have a tonne of their songs though. This is no joke. I haven't.

5 comments:

  1. IS THE BOOK PHYSICS FOR YOU? THE ONE WITH TEH AWESOME COVERS?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO DEEDEE YOU ARE WRONG I LAUGH AT YOUR FACE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaaaoooowwwwww. Sooooooo coool yooouuu aaaareeee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg my 2 best friends are finally writing about the same stuff. Now how cool is THAT?! :O

    Damn I feel like a loser now. =(

    *Starts up a new blog*

    Nah, not really.

    Oh and even I haven't heard smoke on the water! I SWEAR! Hahahaa. Only the intro riff like you. :D I miss playing it on your classical though.




    P.S: Big ROFL at "T-Fact...".

    ReplyDelete